Using the right tool for a job is key to success in any profession. Experts say the same principle applies when selecting an auto insurance policy. Having the right type of policy can help ensure that you, your employees and your business are all protected in the unfortunate event that one of your vehicles is involved in an accident.
If you're a business owner and you or your employees use a vehicle for business-related deliveries or to carry certain materials to and from a job site, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy that's tailored to more closely suit the needs -- and risks -- of a business vehicle operator.
Here are some questions that can help you determine if you might need a commercial auto policy instead of a personal auto policy, courtesy of Bob Johnson Insurance, Inc.
1. Do you need more liability coverage than your personal auto policy provides? Generally, a commercial auto policy provides higher limits of liability, but less or no coverage in areas that are typically not associated with commercial auto risks.
2. Do you need special coverage for situations associated with con-ducting business? Commercial auto policies also usually offer certain coverages -- such as hired and non-owned auto coverage and coverage for towing a trailer for business use -- that are not available with personal auto policies.
3. Do you need to list any employees as drivers? You can do this with a commercial auto insurance policy.
4. Do you use your vehicle for business purposes? If you use your vehicle for things like pizza or newspaper delivery, catering, door-to-door consulting service, landscaping or snowplowing service, logging business, day care/church retreat van service and/or farm-to-market delivery, you might need a commercial auto policy.
Bob Johnson Insurance, Inc. is an independent insurance agency -- trained, licensed insurance professionals who offer personal service and advice. We can help match you with the type of policy that best suits your needs and those of your company.
To learn more about all an independent agency offers, visit www.bobjohnsonins.com or give us a call at 865-922-3111.
Auto Insurance Made Easy
(NAPS)—Understanding insurance can often be like trying to learn a foreign language. Many find it confusing and intimidating.
Fortunately, there’s help. Here is a quick reference designed to help you understand some of the most common kinds of coverages. The reference was put together by The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies.
L ... Read the whole post.
(NAPS)—To get the best deal on insurance, many people consult an insurance agent or broker. But did you know that there are different kinds of insurance agents and brokers—and the one you choose can make a big difference in the type of service you get and the choices you’re offered?
Here’s the difference:
Captive agents and brokers. Captive agents work with a specific insurance company, and as part of their business agreement with that company, they can offe ... Read the whole post.
Fact vs. Fiction: Uncovering Auto Insurance Myths (March 2008)
11-12-2010 | Category: Auto Insurance
Like a teenager eager to try a new video game, playing before reading the rules, many drivers buy insurance without really understanding what they’re buying.
In the rush to feel “covered,” they can skip the details. That can lead to frustration.
Following are five insurance myths heard by some of the more than 13,000 claims people at Progressive, one of the country’s largest auto insurance companies:
Myth: I ... Read the whole post.
Three Tips to Help Your Vacation Get Off to a Worry-Free Start
11-12-2010 | Category: Auto Insurance
With vacation season in full swing, you may be in the process of planning an annual getaway. While most people spend lots of time looking for ways to maximize their budget, one costly decision is often left to the last minute -- whether to buy the optional insurance offered by a rental car company.
"Deciding whether to buy 'damage waivers' or insurance at the rental car counter can be a confusing experience -- especially if you don't know if you're already covered by your personal auto in ... Read the whole post.
Pet owners spend a whopping $40 billion on their furry friends each year. That’s enough to buy a gallon of gas for every man, woman and child in the United States … 44 times. Insurance companies haven’t always viewed pets with the same passion as their owners. If you’re in an accident, generally everyone in the car - except your four-legged friend - is covered.
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies now recognizes Fido and Fif ... Read the whole post.
It can be easier than you think to put the brakes on high auto insurance rates – as an independent agency, Bob Johnson Insurance, Inc. can help! We can review your policy and possibly help you find a variety of illuminating ways to save money. Here are some things you may want to consider:
• Ask us to check several companies’ rates. This is the single most important thing you can do to get the best possible rate—and we can do it for you quickly and easily. The diff ... Read the whole post.